Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Hearing

Dear God,

The other day I heard from my dad about a teenage boy who could hear Your voice clearly. :) I was like, "WOAH! Such an amazing gift! Why am I not gifted that way?" and then, my dad added, "..he's the one who's wearing a hearing aid, he can barely hear, so he reads people's mouth."

I was amazed, at the same time i knew you've touched my heart right there. Here is a kid, who can't hear and yet listens to Your word and voice, while I am here, able to hear Your voice and word with no struggle, yet i won't listen.

I keep complaining that I couldn't hear You, but the truth is, i just won't listen; and here comes a teenage boy, determined to hear You even though he couldn't hear. I have misused your blessing to me dear God... I'm sorry. Because of this teenage boy's life, I began to remember how to appreciate the things that I hear. The sweet voices of the birds that wake me up in the morning, the rush of the wind when I am on the shoreline, the music of the raindrops, the sweet flutters of a pigeon's wings, the voices of my loved ones...

I am guilty of ignoring people when I hear them call me, I am guilty of pretending not to hear things that I do hear. God, I am guilty and I apologize greatly. Thank you for this gift, the gift of hearing :)

And another part is that, I guess hearing your voice does require a lot of things, I believe that this teenage boy listens a lot to You :) God, please give me the same submissive heart. I admire this teenage boy's gift God. I really really do. I mean hearing your voice oh so clear? Such a blessing and great gift. :) But i guess, it does carry a heavy responsibility, that is why i salute this young man. :) He will surely be a living testimony, as he is already for me right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home